HOME > Consular Service > Legalization
Information on Marriage with a Chinese Citizen
2011-12-20 00:00

Chinese citizens living in Israel or foreigners wishing to go to China to marry a Chinese Citizen should know that the legal marriage age in China is 22 or above for males, and 20 or above for females according to Chinese law. Bigamy is illegal.

Before going to China, the following documents should be prepared:
1. Your non-spouse certificate, which indicates your name, sex, date and place of birth, nationality, personal identification documents number, marital status (never married or divorced or widowed) and the name of your fiancée/fiancé. The divorced should have a divorce certificate and the widowed should have a death certificate of the ex-spouse; and must declare that he/she has never gotten married since then and remained single.

2. Certificate of profession or reliable income issued by his/her employer.
Before going to China to get married, you should have the above-mentioned documents notarized by a local notary public, authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It must then be authenticated by the Embassy of China.

After entering China with the above said documents and a valid Chinese Visa, you should go together with your fiancée/fiancé, submit in person your marriage application to the marriage registration office of the local government above county level where the Chinese fiancée/fiancé resides and, have your health checked by a designated hospital. The marriage can be registered only after the application is ratified, and the Marriage Certificate is issued upon registration.

Suggest To Friends: